+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Technic Launcher

Technic Launcher

tl;dr
    It's a super mod-pack thing for Minecraft that CivBase thinks you might like. http://www.technicpack.net/launcher/

What is it?
    If you haven't tried this before, I highly recommend giving it a look. It's a a launcher that allows you to run some of the greatest mod packs Minecraft has to offer. It flows very well and increases Minecraft's content exponentially. I haven't played vanilla once since getting it. If you have some time to burn, you should definitely try it out for a bit.

How does it work?
    The launcher allows you to run different mod packs for Minecraft without altering your standard build. It installs each of the packs (as you use them) in a .techniclauncher directory. This means that you don't actually have to do any tricky modifications yourself. Just download the executable like you would for the regular Minecraft launcher and you're good to go.

What's in it?
    The mod packs are as follows:
    > Technic - Little bit of everything (single-player)
    > Tekkit - Technic for servers
    > YogBox
    > Hack Slash Mine - RPG pack
    > Voxel Box
    > Vanilla - Older version, though, so stick with your regular launcher

As far as the mods... I can't even begin to name them all. There's IndustrialCraft, RedPower, BuildCraft, ComputerCraft, RailCraft, EquivalentExchange, Too Many Items, Rays' Minimap and so many more. They're surprisingly compatible with each other and updated immediately following any individual mod update.

I'm thinking about trying it out, but Minecraft isn't as fun alone.
    That's okay! Even if you just want to try it out, you can join a public server a few of my friends started, Secundus <64.120.105.30>. Well, they're people I met online and frequent another forum I'm a part of, but I couldn't think of anything better to call them. The server runs on the recommended build for Tekkit and it's a great place to try stuff out if you're interested.

Where can I get it?
    Just download the file you need from here and let it do it's thing: http://www.technicpack.net/launcher/. The launcher has binaries for Windows, Mac, and Java so it runs on pretty much every operating system. The spec requirements might be a bit higher than vanilla Minecraft, but plenty of graphics options were added to further increase performance or quality.

Vanilla Minecraft was kind of complicated. What if I need help?
    There's a lot to these mod packs, so confusion is understandable. First rule: do not use the Technic wiki. It's horrible. Most of the mods have their own wikis or you can use the Tekkit wiki for most things. Too Many Items can help with recipes in-game. YouTube tutorials from szucs2020 and Duncan are also extremely helpful. Both video tutorials are out of date, though, so some mods have been added and removed in the most current build.

I hope you try it and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
    Last edited by CivBase; 07-09-2012 at 09:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread